The Easiest Mooncake Recipe of Traditional Mooncake
Mooncakes are the hallmark food of Mid-Autumn Festival. It's not difficult to make mooncakes by yourself. Let us teach you step by step!
1) Pour 1 tablespoon of rose wine into the salted egg yolk to remove the fishy smell, steam for 5 minutes and set aside.
2) Mix all of the crust ingredients. The flour needs to be sifted before it' s added and stir well
3) Be careful not to over-knead the dough. Let it rest for 2 hours
4) Use a rolling pin to roll the mooncake skin (48g) into thin slices then add your favourite fillings and steamed salted egg yolk
5) Use the space between your thumb and forefinger to slowly tighten the dough into a round shape. Use a mould to press and knock the dough into shape
6)The oven needs to be preheated to 160°C before you put the mooncake in. Bake for 6 minutes then take it out and brush it with egg wash before putting it back in to the oven again
7) Bake for another 18 minutes and it’s ready
Take note that the crust would be softer and more delicious after you leave the freshly baked mooncakes at room temperature for two or three days.