Yin House Feng Shui : Notes on Grave Repair and Tombstone Establishment
(1) The size and shape of the tombstone: The tombstone should be of adequate height and width. The bottom of the tombstone must be lower than the waist and the top must not be higher than the neck; the shape must be rectangular. If a towering tombstone is placed in front of the spot, it will affect the future of the descendants. If the tombstone is short and wide, the descendants are more likely to be short and obese.
(2) The position of the tombstone: The tombstone is positioned at the head of the casket, which is favorable to the prosperity of the family; and at the foot of the casket, which is favorable to the wealth of the family. It should be noted that there should be spaces between the tombstone and casket. If the tombstone touches the head of the casket, the descendants will be prone to head disease and mental illness; if it touches the foot of the casket, the descendants will be prone to foot disease.
(3) Pedestals: General tombstones have pedestals; the base should be stable to support the tombstone. If there is an incense table placed in front of the monument, do not use it as a pedestal, or misfortunes will happen.
(4) Inscription: The tombstone must contain the name of the owner of the tomb, the name of the person who erected the tombstone, and the date that the tombstone is set up. It should be noted that the inscription must be engraved but not embossed.
(5) Choosing a date: Choose an auspicious time and date according to the site on which the tombstone is to be set up. As for repairing the grave, the soil must be taken from one hundred paces away. The earth must not be dug too deep, otherwise it will damage the earth's veins and destroy the Feng Shui spot. If there are cracks or sinkholes around the grave, they must be repaired immediately to avoid disasters. It is also important to note that new graves that have been buried for less than a year should not be moved. Moving the grave is likely to result in the death of the family members.